This Team Our Quality Assurance team is a tight-knit group that is not only dedicated to improving the quality of the JustAnswer product but also the organization. We foster innovative ideas and thinking while working closely with Development and Product teams to tackle the web’s most difficult problems.
Your Role As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will play a critical role in the development and success of the engineering department’s test automation and continuous integration efforts. You will partner closely with Development and Operations teams to facilitate continuously improving development and release processes and tools.
- Work closely with development and operations engineers to establish automation strategies and tools that drive efficient and high-quality development and releases.
- Identify, report, and assist engineers in resolving defects and verifying bug fixes.
- Develop, maintain, and update automated tests and associated test frameworks in partnership with development.
- Tests APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience creating and executing tests for complex, feature-rich web applications
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise with functional automated testing platforms
- Demonstrated experience with managing and maintaining automated testing frameworks used across teams.
- Knowledge of database concepts and query languages (SQL)
- Strong understanding of various QA methodologies (black box and white box testing) and SDLC
- Strong understanding of web-specific technologies and challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience collaborating with multiple groups across disciplines
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts
- Experience working in and understanding the benefits of agile development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience testing mobile platforms
It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission to help people. Not every job of yours would give you the satisfaction of having made a direct impact on someone’s day or life. If these things matter to you, then The company is the place to be. While we strive together to make the world a better place, one question at a time, we promise you that you would discover a newer version of you who has explored and exploded the known horizon of your potential, who is not afraid of failures, and who has embraced learning as a way of life.
We are a San-Francisco based company founded in 2003 and since then we have been democratizing the way professional services have been delivered by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget in 700 plus categories. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Intrigued? Click here.
With 500+ employees spread around 3 continents and with a fabulous Glassdoor rating of 4.4(Oh yes, check it out here), we are growing at an amazing pace. And here are our simple hiring criteria- Smart. Fun. Get things done. If you think, you have it in you, read further and know more about the role. In the meanwhile.
- Innovative and